Old January 21st 05, 02:55 AM
Hal Rosser

wrote in message
oups.com...
WHAT IS THE "COIL" USED TO MATCH A 5/8 WAVE VERTICLE? i MEAN WHAT IS IT
MADE FROM AND WHERE DO YOU GET THEM?

Lots of good answers. - so I'll add another 1.5 cents worth.
The coil is at the bottom normally with enough windings (coils) to add the
right amount of inductance that will help to make a 50-ohm source happy.

MADE FROM COPPER - usually.
YOU MAKEM' - if you want to have fun.

Arrl website has an antenna handbook - and several volumes of 'The antenna
Compendium" that can give you many hours of fun winding coils, building
antennas, making up matching sections - and all that good stuff.

One tool I found helpful in playing around with antennas and transmission
line is an MFG 259 Antenna Analyzer. - and there are others out there, too.