Old October 10th 04, 08:36 PM
Johann Höchtl

Hal Rosser wrote:

You'll find a simple dipole may be your best choice for starting out.
Most important of all is to get the antenna up high and use vertical
orientation.
If I recall, each leg of the dipole should be around 102 inches.

102 inches, or 2.59 m for a metric man like me. That's right. But i
bother how i can go from balanced to unbalanced. I use rg58 wire and i
do not want to radio interfere my neighbours nor let my radio go up in
smoke.

So i guess i need a balun. The impedance at the connector from antenna
to wire should already be more or less 50 ohms, but it's balanced.

What would make an easy though effective 1:1 balun?