Old January 21st 05, 12:01 AM
Trev 999

Hi John, is it a mod to get LSB and AM?, as I hear this model has normally
only USB.
Cheers Trev
"john and steph" wrote in message

"Pierre" wrote in message
I started on HF with an HTX-100 and had a ball. It was relatively cheap

and
a good place to start without breaking the bank. Since then, I have moved

on
to an all band 100 watter but still regard the HTX-100 as one that

provided
a lot of fun.

It is nice to have a new BMW but an old HQ still gets you there and a lot
lower cost.

i agree with pierre, i have an htx100 with usb, lsb and am...30w,
get`s xlent reports and the memory system, and mike mounted freq. change
makes working split freq. activations, and general dx a breeze...just my 2
bob`s worth.
cheers john

Peter
"43PC122" wrote in message
Ok Trev, yep big price diff but Icom is Hf,VHf, and UHf all in one and

100
on Hf, anyway her's a bit of info on the HTX 100 links below, Cheers,

Warren

http://rogerbird1.20megsfree.com/htx100_spec.htm

http://rogerbird1.20megsfree.com/

"Trev 999" wrote in message
Cheers Warren, the IC706 is about $1000 dearer, that would take a lot

or
performance boost to match the price difference. I might pay a couple

of
hundred for the HTX100 as its a 30 watt unit by the looks.

"43PC122" wrote in message
G'day Trev, from what I've seen on the net , they're going 2nd hand

in
the
US for around 50 - 60 US Dollars, there's one on ebay too, in the

US,
link
below, I personally don't know what they perform like, I have had

other
Realistic products and put it this way, you only get what you pay

for,
and
sometimes not even that lol, I agree with DR RASTIS FAF00FNIK

posting
on
the
ICOM 706MKIIG except for the price difference, new from Andrews
Communications is $1399.00 AUD, and they still go for around $1200

on
ebay
at end of bidding, bloody good radio though I've had mine for about

4
years
now and very happy with it, choosing a radio depends on what your

are
using
it for and how often, and ofcourse the bloody bank account always

plays
big part in the decision lol , Cheers for now, Warren 43PC122

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....6&category=467
4&sspagename=rvi:1:3

http://www.andrewscom.com.au/site-co...on-01-icom.htm

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....&item=57456149
22&rd=1

"Trev 999" wrote in message
Is the Radio Shack/Realistic HTX100 10M transciever, any good?
I'm thinking of buying one.
Cheers