Old October 11th 04, 08:21 PM
Doug Kanter

"dxAce" wrote in message

John Richards wrote:

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

1) The salesman was the first Sprint employee I've found who was

actually
able to show me the actual location of antennas. There's one a mile

from my
home, and 2 others within 5 miles, with no obstructions of any kind.

No
hills, no tall buildings, just trees and homes. He says this explains
nothing because he signal is highly directional. True or false?

Probably true. I am an RF engineer (retired) and it makes sense to me
that the tower antenna would be designed to have maximum response
in the direction of the highway that they're trying to cover.
There are solutions to your home location reception problem (external
Yagi antenna hooked to an in-house repeater) but it's quite expensive.

I've seen some setups that only use two yagi's, one in the home (or

business), and the other outside,
connected only by cable. No repeater involved.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

And this does what? Somehow redirects the cellular signal into the home???