Old October 12th 04, 06:22 PM
sideband

Odd.. it loaded here on my DSL in under three seconds. All of it.

Now, I agree full sized images on the front page is a bit thoughtless,
it was probably put together by someone who was just doing it to get
it out there, and isn't privy to all the things professional web
developers are....

chmod -R unannoyed drwxr-xr-x

de AI8W, Chris

drwxr-xr-x wrote:

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 00:51:11 -0500, hath writ:
That is because the idiot that built this front page used the
full-sized in the front page -- forcing you to download 12 of
the bloated suckers -- only to request your browser to re-size
them smaller to construct the first page with the "small" (HA!)
images.

I'm on DSL and it was a pig to load.. Pity the poor visitor that
is on dial-up -- or, worse, on dial-up in someplace where
per-minute charges apply. Thoughtless.