Old October 14th 04, 11:26 AM
Jim Douglas

I was surprised how easy it was to get new tubes for my old radio. Now
that's not to say if you get some off brand radio that it would be easy, but
I am thinking that if you stay with one of the older classics,
Hallicrafters, etc you should be able to get the radio and a few spare
tubes.

"SR" wrote in message
I had been listening to Short-wave for almost 10 years. I have both
digital & transistor modest radios. But no tube radio. (Yet)!

What I mean by Which Tube Radio:

If I bought myself an old used Tube Radio, I would exspect some of the
tubes will eventually burn out, and I would have to replace the tubes in
order for the radio to work.

So, that I could have a radio that I could always find the right tube,
means that I would have to buy a radio that it's tubes are still being
made by a company.

I do not think that I would want to get a radio that I can not replace
it's tubes.

So, which brands or models should I look out for?

And when did they stop making tube radio? (Dah) And why do they still
make tubes if they do not make radios for them?

Do they make all of the tubes?

As a newbie in tubes learn more about tubes?

73