Old October 14th 04, 07:41 PM
Doug Kanter

"Bob Smith" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
snipped

If only Sanyo made a phone for Verizon, the runner-up in my quest for

better
and/or new service.....

Talk about dumb, though: When I first got a cell phone, I signed a

1-year,
29.95 per month contract with Sprint. At the end of the contract, I did
nothing, they said nothing, and I just kept paying the bills for 2 more
years. I called the guy at the Sprint store this morning and mentioned

the
Sanyo phone. He said that in order to get that phone, I'd have to

upgrade
39.95 per month. I asked how a monetary issue is connected to the

particular
phone, and he sort of mumbled something about the purchase deal for the
phone. He's checking with his supervisor blah blah blah.

The minimum plans now are $35/mo. plus taxes and surcharges. If you take

the
full $150 credit off a new phone, you will be required to commit to a new

2
year agreement.

Bob

By the way, I was with a friend at a Verizon outlet a couple of months back.
He wanted a phone ONLY for emergencies, and began to walk away from the
counter when the guy gave him prices for plans with 200-400 minutes. The
salesman said "Hang on a sec....", checked with someone else in the store,
and revealed that there's a 19.95 deal with either no minutes, or very few -
I don't recall. He said they don't publicize it much. Just something to
know....