Old October 14th 04, 06:54 PM
Roy Lewallen

Hate to break the news, Walt, but it happens very, very often. Even
years ago, when I was doing some consulting work on a patent case and
read a couple of hundred antenna patents, there was a great deal of
pseudo- and voodoo-science in issued patents. These days, it's rampant.

My favorite example is US patent #6,025,810, "Hyper-Light-Speed
Antenna", but I'm sure even this is far from the most egregious.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Walter Maxwell wrote:

I f there really is an issued patent on the EH antenna, the paragraph above is
proof that the Patent Office examiner who approved the patent application for
issuance was completely snowed by the applicant's patent attorney who wrote the
application.

This doesn't happen too often, but it does happen. Unless the patent examiner is
extremely well versed in electromagnetic theory he could easily be persuaded
that the EH principle is valid, while it is not.

Walt Maxwell, W2DU