Old October 14th 04, 06:56 PM
Terry Ashland

Default HF2V roof mounted

I have decided to roof mount my Butternut HF2V on a 10 foot tower on
my house. It is a tip over tower that should make working on it
pretty easy. I'm wondering if I need anything special about mounting
the HF2V on the tower itself. I've seen references to a RMK-II kit
for roof mounting, but it looks like nothing more than a small tripod
and a radial kit. Do I need some kind of sleeze (tubing) to slide the
base of the HF2V into? I'm sure some of you have addressed this in
the past. I'd like any suggestions. I plan to put resonant radials
sloped away from the base and I also plan on guying it with some light
weight rope or fishing line above the loading coils.
Thanks and 73,
Terry, WK0F