Old October 18th 04, 05:26 AM
Robert K.

On 16 Oct 2004 06:37:27 GMT, norml wrote:

I went to high school in Vacaville. The mysterious red blinking beacons on
the towers were visible from my bedroom window at night.

Romance has been drained from radio.

Norm Lehfeldt

"Frank Dresser" wrotf:

"Eric Ferguson" wrote in message
I had totally forgotten about the Dixon site. THANKS for the reminder. Use
to listen to it from Concord, Ca. When I lived in Fairfield/Suisun City,
tried to find it but couldn't. Any ideas if it's still standing and where?
(Lat/Long, address, etc.?)

Boy, does VOA bring back memories. THANKS again!!! Eric KA6USJ

I miss the VOA's announcement of the transmitter location and language.

Frank Dresser

I went to school in Woodland, about 20 miles north of Dixon. Had the
fortunate opportunity to visit the Dixon VOA transmitter site (this
was in 1970). Our physics teacher had connections, I guess.
I was sorry when VOA closed it down.