Old October 15th 04, 11:29 PM
Fractenna

Greetings all!..I've got one of them discone antennas, you know, like
28-500mhz, blah..blah...on the roof...do I have to use an antenna
tuner if I would, let's say, try to operate on 2/6 or 440?... I don't
want to damage my UHF xcvr if there is a high SWR...any info from
you experts or who done did that is greatly appreciated...You all,
have a nice weekend & 73's....tony...wa9yoz...Amiga computer user
going over 12 years now.. Ciao!

Hi Tony,

The true discone part only works above about 100 MHz. Occassionally these
hybrid antennas have spikes of SWR from 100 MHz to 440, but I would say you
should probably be fine--without tuner.

73,
Chip N1IR