Old October 16th 04, 02:07 PM
Fractenna

I am still dreaming about an ideal antenna having not more than 10% of
wavelength and 100% efficiency. Thanks for all the posts, anyhow.

Bozidar, 9a2

Moderate/high efficiency with a 10% physical height is pretty easy to attain.
That's not an e/h antenna, as far as I am aware.

The e/h antenna appears to ignore the main point about Maxwell's equations:
changing fields generate changing fields. E' make B's and so on. You can't
separate a changing E field from its B field, and so on. Thus the premise is
wrong.

In a --very-- small volume (fraction of a radiansphere), any single current max
radiator is very inefficient. Similarly, any multiple current max radiator does
not exhibit constructive interference in the far field. That's the physics.
Antennas as a pure science are now an exhausted field.

73,
Chip N1IR