Old October 24th 04, 12:58 PM
Dan Weir

Chuck Harder is a mushy headed populist.

Another point I agree with you on ... for instance, consider the
following from Chuck's Web site (I am that "nut" he's talking about
here):

'Due to my warnings about losing jobs and factories caused one
"Strange" man (who I think has strange ties and wanted NAFTA and GATT)
went on a letter-writing campaign to newspapers and trade magazines
about me. As he could not debate me on the issues, instead he called
me "anti-Semitic" and the media bought it without even checking facts.
Little did he know that my Grandparents escaped from Germany just in
time to avoid Hitler's death camps. My other Grandparents are French,
English/American Indian. Like the Media that would not debate the
issue with Ross Perot but instead zeroed in on his ears, haircuts,
etc. Truth about the "behind the scenes destruction of our country is
hardly covered in the media that are tied in to those who benefit by
stripping the equity from the USA. Back then even CNN, The Denver
Post, The Nation, The Washington Post and others all did hit pieces on
me being a crank. And then when AL GORE LIED on national TV in a
debate saying that SMOOT-HAWLEY that stopped free trade caused the
depression, the stupid media lapped it up. But, that was a BIG LIE.
The only problem they had is NO MEDIA CHECKED the facts for if they
did, they would have found out that Smoot-Hawley act did not become
law until well after the Depression was years under-way.

But, that's America and our "hand-out" and "Don't check the facts'
media.

It was FDR World War II and CCC camps that re-started our economy and
since then, "FREE TRADE" has destroyed our nation and we're a few
years off from national bankruptcy. Suddenly the big media is getting
the picture.

Lou Dobbs at CNN sounds like me 12 years ago. Don't believe me? Look
at the price of Gold and what the EURO used to cost and what it costs
now. We have finally almost won "The race to the bottom" that I
warned about 12 years ago.

Oh, even TALKERS MAGAZINE published a bogus "anti-Semitic" letter from
the nut who hated me because I exposed Clinton, NAFTA and GATT but
TALKERS did not even call me to check the facts. Other media did
similar things when this man wrote them and all the others have
apologized and retracted. But, it hurt. Today that same "nut" has
found out that he was wrong and leaves me alone. But, as my
PUNISHMENT, TALKERS removed me from their HOT 100, but, life goes on.'

Reading this, those cute, cuddly Moe Howard epithets come to mind re
Chuck: "Lamebrain!" "Numbskull!" "Unskilled labor!" "Every time you
think, you weaken the nation!" "Puddin' head!"

Perhaps the one, singular explanation for all of this back-and-forth
banter (really, I don't mind it) is that Chuck Harder is a moron.
Assming this assessment is correct, he was able to shield his mental
deficiency for almost three decades in Tampa, FL, but when he went
nationwide, he could no longer do so. Hence his troubles that today
have left him with practically nothing.

Dan Weir