Old October 27th 04, 12:35 PM
david_ruy-barbosa

Tony Meloche wrote in message ...

Subject: "aquarium" stations
From: (gringo_nordestino)
Date: 25 Oct 2004 04:39:26 -0700

why on some stations do i hear the "aquarium bubble sound".. it

sounds
like an aquarium, blowing bubbles... this is on an small handheld
analog, usually at the far right or left of the dials....

The "jammer" you can hear in the background of most Radio Marti
broadcasts has always sounded like an "aquarium" to me. It's probably a
lot louder in Cuba, where the jamming signal originates (I think).
We're a lot closer to the Radio Marti signal, so it's just kind of in
the background. That's one possibility of what it is, anyhow.

Tony

YUP... it was radio marti that i was listening to.. i am in miami
right now so i guess its close enough to get the jammer at close to
full power...