Old October 27th 04, 12:47 PM
HankG

"Diverd4777" wrote in message

did they say " do not respond" or just send out code ??

In article , "HankG"

writes:

Heard an encrypted message on 111.75 @ 21:20 z. First heard some tones
going back and forth. Never had heard them before. Then heard some

short
transmissions and what sounded like a test count (1,2,3,4,5--5,4,3,2,1).
Tried twidling the (electronic) knobs. No Joy.

I should note that I have been monitoring the GHFS freqs since the war
started. This was unlike any transmission I've heard. The scenario went
like this:

Silence was broken by short burst of tones, similar to selcal, but not
quite. After a short interval, another series of tones (seemed to be a
response by a second transmitter). Short delay, then traffic back and
forth, all of which were unintelligible. I could determine that the
'calling party' was doing a test count. Traffic continued for about 2
minutes, then ceased.

HankG