Old October 28th 04, 04:31 PM
Mark S. Holden

MnMikew wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

"Mark S. Holden" wrote:

dxAce wrote:
In the US, the event begins tonight, Oct. 27th, at 9:14 p.m. EDT (6:14

p.m.
PDT). (Oct. 28 UTC).

Beginning to cloud up here, but good luck to all.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

For anyone who is interested, here is one of the pictures I took of the
eclipse:

http://users.adelphia.net/~msholden/eclipse2.jpg

It was taken on a Nikon D70 with a TMB 175 apo refractor.

Wow! That's a keeper.

Thanks.

No kidding, nice job Mark!

Thanks.

Here's a shot of M57 I did a couple months back:

http://users.adelphia.net/~msholden/m57.jpg

The main problem I have with shots like this is light pollution. If I go long enough to make the central star easy to see, the background starts to wash out.

But taking these photos while listening to my "portable" 7030+ is fun.

Also, for those interested in tuning in Jupiter on their shortwave radios, here's a link with information. I suspect most of us have better radios than the kit they offer:

http://radiojove.gsfc.nasa.gov/

Regards,

Mark