Old August 22nd 03, 04:49 AM
Roy Lewallen

Richard Clark wrote:
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 20:03:41 -0700, Roy Lewallen

Could you please try to rephrase it in a way that can be understood by
an engineer with a sadly deficient liberal arts education?

Hi Roy,

Probably not.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Surely, then, one of the more educated but earthy readers understood it
and can translate for me. Anyone? Here it is again in case it was missed
the first time:

----- Text to translate:

I would add what the IEEE offers into the matter of observing
standards in the development of software and confirming your
disclaimers with:

"The Legal Standard of Professionalism"

"One curious fact from the legal perspective decries a serious
lack: there is no such thing as software malpractice. Why?
A peek into the legal mind provides a disturbing explanation.
There is insufficient evidence to show that programmers
know how to learn from each other, much less from the rest of
the world."

I, for one, could envision you having interest in both, but as I
stated before, I could not see you bothered with the first - seeing
that you have not volunteered any additional details of your trade
aside from software, that stands to good reason.

------

What's the point? Can someone clue me in?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL