Old October 29th 04, 01:39 PM
RHF

CF,

Thank You - For the Link to "Fabricating Impedance {Matching}
Transformers for Receiving Antennas" - by John Bryant - May 2001
http://members.aol.com/DXerCapeCod/z_transformers.pdf

Good Reading and Worth Printing Out for Future Reference.

Now it looks like it is back to the Drawing Boards.

Guess I will make out a Spread Sheet for a couple of different
Ferrite Cores and start winding.

iane ~ RHF
..
..
= = = Conan Ford wrote in message
= = = 3.159...

This pdf is quite useful:
http://members.aol.com/DXerCapeCod/z_transformers.pdf

It takes you through how to do the calculations for any
torroid that you purchase.

Large torroids and Wire Wrap wire (solid core) are quite
effective and easy to handle.

I found that Type 43 material with even with windings for 2 mhz
and above is still quite effective for MW. Effective enough
that I get images on my Tecsun PL-550 between 2 mhz and 3 mhz
of distant MW broadcast stations that disappear when I unplug
the antenna.

..