Old October 18th 04, 01:53 AM
John Smith

"Yuri Blanarovich" wrote in message
Don't overlook the part about disregarding losses and coil radiation.
And,
don't overlook the part about verifying the current with ammeters. Have
you
done that?

The ARRL book doesn't even recommend using a loading coil with an 8 foot
whip on the 10 meter band. Read the whole chapter. Note that your "coil"
is
7.4% (6.7 degrees) of the antenna system length. It is no longer the
lumped
device which is assumed in the book. Please repeat your experiment on an
8-foot whip at 40 meters and then verify with current meters.

If you can still make the same assertions for 40 meters, submit your
findings to the ARRL for publication. If they find them worthwhile, I'm
sure
they will publish them.

John

Been there, done it. Check for more story on the subject
http://www.k3bu.us/loadingcoils.htm

Yuri, K3BU.us

And in which ARRL publication might I find this information?

John