Old November 1st 04, 05:49 PM
clifto

m II wrote:
Radio Flyer wrote:
I say if BPL comes to pass, we all buy solar cells, wind generators, thermo,
and tide generators and tell the electricity companies where to shove their
live wire.

It's a nice thought, but not more than wishful thinking. The cost is
still too high for effective adoption. The cost of the drug
(electricity) is adjusted so it will be always a bit cheaper than making
your own.

For a long time here, it would have been cheaper in the long run to buy
a natural-gas generator. Of course, now that we bought our first house,
natural gas prices have gone sky-high and taken any advantage away.

--
Consider http://www.clifto.com/goodguys.html before you vote.