Old November 2nd 04, 07:47 AM
RHF

= = = Conan Ford wrote in message
= = = 23.159...
dxAce wrote in :

RHF wrote:

CF,

Thank You - For the Link to "Fabricating Impedance {Matching}
Transformers for Receiving Antennas" - by John Bryant - May 2001
http://members.aol.com/DXerCapeCod/z_transformers.pdf

Here's another:

http://www.dxing.info/equipment/impe...ing_bryant.pdf

Thank you for the link. I've been using the side-by-side winding method on
a FT114-43 core, and thanks to that article I will give the Overlapped
Winding a try.

CF,

TIP: For a 9:1 Matching Transformer on a Toroidal (Donut) Ferrte Co

Use the right size Magnet Wire so that you have 83%/300* to
91%/330* Coverage of the Surface of the Ferrite's ID by the
Primary Winding of 30-33 Turns. Then on the Ferrite's OD
Surface take a Tooth Pick and use it to create a "Space" {Gap}
'between' every Third Turn of the Primary Windings.
[Three Turns + Space + Three Turns + Space + ETC]

The simply Overlay the Secondary Windings of 10-11 Truns; using the
"Space" {Gap} in Ferrite's OD Primary Windings as your WRAP-GAGE.

iane ~ RHF
..
..