Old October 19th 04, 12:25 AM
Bob McBeth

"Richard Clark"
...the "Last Mile" connectivity. This means the mile
from subscriber to the nearest terabit optical pipeline
that could pump video on demand for everyone
- in both directions.

'video on demand' - it has been noted that one of the greatest drivers
of many technologies is the p0rn industry (so I've read). Anyway...

Personally I'd be happy to write a cheque for $1k (or even $2k) to have the
fibre line run all the way into my basement. $1k one-time is small potatoes
as compared to $50 per month access fee (or $600 per year, NPV cash value of
about $6k - YMMV).

Oh well, www.Wildblue.com is coming soon.

Followed closely by Wi-Max.

BTW - Wi-Max will put local radio broadcasters (AM/FM) in competition with
Internet radio for mobile listeners (in cars). I wish them good luck
smirk.