Old November 4th 04, 02:40 AM
Dale Parfitt

"Bill" wrote in message
m...
(Kachina 78) wrote in message

I'm going to wind up installing this antenna horizontaly. I'm wondering

what
grounding configuration those of you who have this antenna are using?

Good
DXing to you, Gary,

I'd like to add a question to this post, if I may. My EF-SWL is on
backorder. I have heard that there are two different reception
characteristics depending on horizontal or sloping installation. Can
anyone tell what the suggested angle of the sloper installation is,
and what the direction of best reception is in each? Thanks!
Bill

There are antenna patterns included with the manual showing patterns for
sloper and horizontal vs. frequency. Because the patterns change with
frequency, there is no optimal slope angle. If you have a particular
installation in mind, E-Mail us and we'll genrate plots vs. frequency
We're shipping backorders as fast as we can- 45+ will go out this week.
As a side not, these antennas use #14 polyethylene coated Flex Weave-
arguably the most expensive antenna wire available- 130 starnds of #38 from
memory, then a high density poly jacket ( not vinyl as is usually
encountered) is extruded over the wire. The binocular core 9:1 transformer
is housed in a custom molded ABS ( UV stable) box with all stainless
hardware and silver/teflon UHF connector. Both secondary and primary
transformer grounds are available separately for optimal grounding.

--
Dale W4OP
for PAR Electronics, Inc.