Old October 19th 04, 04:16 PM
Wes Stewart

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 17:01:22 -0400, "G&R" makes a claim and opens
himself up to skewering:

|Hi Art,
|
|While this was the common theory many years ago, there other ways to get
|gain from an antenna other than boom length and number of elements.
|
|ie On 2m we are able to get 11.2 dBd on a 45inch boom with 3 elements
|stacked 2 wide. Yes, this is range tested see results at
|http://www.csvhfs.org/ant/CSANT04.HTML

Uh Oh! The measured data show 11.2 dBd, the advertising shows 13.97
dBd. I thought maybe I went to the Raibeam site by mistake but no, I
went he

http://www.degendesigns.com/StackedVwave.htm

I love that precision BTW. I've done a fair amount of antenna range
testing using HP 8510s for measurement receivers and I've never been
able to establish gain within 1/100 dB.

But you can do it with a ham receiver and "subjective analysis".
Congratulations.

Since you're using two 45" booms spaced 58" apart, I would argue that
you should compare your design to a 148" boom Yagi and see what
happens.

How about posting your dimensions so we can see what modeling says
about them.

One further note: The Dataq DI-194 mentioned at:

http://www.degendesigns.com/Downloads.htm

WILL NOT work with all computers. This device is powered by the
serial port and my Toshiba laptops will not drive it.