Old November 6th 04, 10:33 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"Jennie" wrote in message
| the technician's test today....Not sure of what type of handheld to buy?
| Appreciate any help in selecting my first piece of equipment...
|
| I want a handheld with an antenna, and be able to put up an antenna on
the
| roof of my car and in my attic...
|
| Under 300 if possible.
|

| What is the best Code training stuff out there?
|
| Thanks

G4FON for the code - free for download. Google it and
you'll find it.

I *highly* recommend the Icom IC-T2H 2 meter handheld.
I love mine! Unless you live in a big metro area (If you do,
you will want 2 meters and 70 cm on your HT). I got my
HT for 90 bucks, and get consistent *excellent* audio and
signal reports, because it puts out a full 5 watts. Get some
NiMH batteries at Sam's Club (the 2000+ maH rated ones),
and a charger, and you'll have a LONG lasting battery setup
to go with it, all still on the cheap.

73,

Steve Lawrence
KAØPMD
Burnsville, Minnesota

"If a man wants his dreams to come true then he must wake up."
- Anonymous

---