Old October 19th 04, 06:18 PM
Ian White, G3SEK

Richard Harrison wrote:
Ian White, G3SEK wrote:
"An ideal loading inductance does "not" radiate."

A loading coil does not need to radiate to produce significant
difference between the current at its ends.

Those two paragraphs, one right after the other, say it all. You want to
gallop straight on to talk about "loading coils".

I want you to stop and think a moment, about how an IDEAL INDUCTANCE
behaves in an antenna. (Sorry to shout, but every time I type "ideal
inductance" quietly, you seem to read something else :-)

Hopefully you will agree that an IDEAL INDUCTANCE does not ever have
different currents at its two terminals, and does not radiate either.

http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek