Old November 8th 04, 12:17 AM
Telamon

In article 418eb5c7.1607250@news-server,
(David LaRose) wrote:

On 7 Nov 2004 15:16:27 -0800,
(av) wrote:

Can I ask a shortwave question or has this group turned itself into
alt.politics.dogbitesdog?

I have an RX320. Used it happily off my PC Dell laptop for about a
year or so when the laptop bite the dust. I ended up replacing it with
a Macintosh Powerbook.

I've been doing online searches to see if there is any control
software for the 320 written in Mac, but haven't found any. Is there?

Added to this, I've been getting different answers as to whether a USB
to Serial adapter would even work. The dealer I bought the Mac from
said that they are finicky at best; that the signals aren't often
"translated" right. Anyone have experience using such an adapter?

Thanks.
av

I had no luck finding RX320 software for a Mac.

About USB-to-serial adapters, they are indeed finicky. For example,
WinRadio specifies only particular adapters which are proven to work
with some of their existing radios:
http://www.winradio.com/home/macradio.htm

I have now bought the new USB-based shortwave receiver WR-G303e,
and it just runs circles around the RX320. Much much better radio:
http://www.winradio.com/home/g303e.htm .

But as yet, no Mac software either...

I looked around and came up empty. It seems to me that someone had Mac
radio controlling software but I don't remember whom.

If I find something I'll post it.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California