Old November 9th 04, 02:28 AM
Dyuob Poltice

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 20:20:50 -0500, "866A Glow"
wrote:

"Dyuob Poltice" wrote in message
.. .
My wife overheard a nurse today discussing this, in so mo of all
places.
If true, another night lost to listening.

Just tuned to 40 and 80 meters and it's
a complete washout! Much like daytime
propagation, no signals except for a
few here and there and those we can hear
have very heavy "storm drain pipe" aurora
effect on them rendering them almost
unintelligible. Even some of the big shortwave
guns like WWCR and WBCQ and either
gone or very difficult to hear as of 7:10 PM
Central Time. see www.spaceweather.com
for some nifty photos of last nite's aurora!

I know you're going to think I'm nuts, but I think I caught 3320.0
R.SonderGrense, from S. Africa tonight. At 00:48utc I tuned in and
the language at first seemed either Dutch or German, and indeed, it
was being broadcast (according to ILG) in Afrikaan, so, I waited
through the hour mark, but didn't recognize an ID, but their might
have been one, there was quite a bit of fading. It is a 100,000 watt
station, so who knows.
(I also think I may have briefly caught 2390.0 XEJN Huayacocotla
from MEXICO, music, (sounded like an accordion, with the second song
sounding "cajun" with fiddle) with very deep fade, almost not there,
at 00:28-00:31utc and considering it is a 500 watt station, I sort of
doubt it, but that was all that was listed at that time)
I'm in so mo, using a very long random wire connected to a yb400pe,
coax fed, and grounded.
And yes, I know, without an ID, this is darn impossible to figure out,
but, considering what last night was like....