Old October 20th 04, 01:04 AM
Dan/W4NTI

"Mark Keith" wrote in message
om...
sideband wrote in message
I'll be the first to admit I have things to learn, and I'm no expert
in any one area. I do know what I've experienced with BPL, and it's
not been pleasant. Just ask the folks around the Orlando, Florida
area... Their BPL tests can be heard all the way across the state in
Titusville, and so greatly that it interferes with communications.

Money talks, and common sense and real world reports take a walk. In
most cases anyway. Some companies have already tried and discarded
BPL. Problems o-plenty. Maybe others will see the light. The dark side
has won a major battle, and Darth Chipster gloateth o-plenty, but the
day is not lost yet. My R2 unit, "henry 2k console model", is jumping
around beeping and squeaking just itching to join the battle. If they
attack locally, I will give them sporadic shots of my BPL death beam
via my various elevated radiating devices. I'll have them locking up
like a J38 model speedsters hitting a canyon wall. The F.C.C brass
should be flogged with leather whips for the obvious disregard of the
currents users of the HF spectrum. It's all about money...Nothing
else. All the reports of problems with the systems were ignored.
"Except by some owners, who dropped out of the BPL testing"
Also, many claims are pretty hokey...IE: they claim that they can null
out problem frequencies, IE:, aircraft, etc, etc. But I hear of
problems doing this. I hear it's not really that feasable if they want
to maintain proper operation, and I also hear it doesn't really cure
the problem, as the "nulling device" is not far from the user.
Take just aircraft alone...We are talking nulling say 2-3 mhz, 6 mhz,
8 mhz, 10 mhz, 11 mhz, 13 mhz, 17 mhz, 21 mhz, 27 mhz, just for a
few...I may have missed some military bands, etc...
I have heard of no notching plans for amateur bands, so I guess we
have to go to rf noise hell...
I bet the system will work great with all those notched
holes...Not....

They still will be radiating those freq's on the main lines I would
think. It's the biggest money grubbing farce I've ever heard of. Heck,
with my radios and antennas, they could probably be blocks or even
miles away, and I could still hear it. The Florida experience backs me
up on this. I'm not just barking at the moon. Bye bye weak DX....Bye
bye weak aircraft signals. Bye bye any rf weaklings...QRp will be
extra fun being half the country will probably soon have their ears
plugged with digital spew.
But, I bet they will hear me too, if the leakage is that bad... It
will be a bad day for the empire if my R2 unit joins the fray. I'll
keep those BPL techs a hopping all over the neighborhood. Remember,
most of the speculation is about damage to the hams, etc... But don't
ignore the damage all the 1000's of hams and other rf emitting device
owners will likely cause them. CB's will have to deal with them also,
and you know how nasty signaled some cb'ers can get. I hear some 4-5
mhz wide as it is... I don't think they have really fully taken this
into account yet. MK

I WISH I had a CBer that narrow. My 'good buddy' puts out a S9 plus from
14 to 50 MHz.

Dan/W4NTI