Old November 13th 04, 05:26 AM
Lucky

"george craig" wrote in message
My R 5000 just developed a noise problem that masks signals at aprox 8 mhz
and
up and is awful at the 10 meter band.....I suspect microprocessor noise or
synthsizer noise is getting into the front end......perhaps a buypass cap
has gone bad some where...has any one had a problem like this?????...GC

Not sure of this will help you, but one gentleman I read about had all sorts
of noise issues. Nothing helped till someone mentioned he should unscrew the
IF board and clean the aluminum ground contacts off with alcohol. He did and
it fixed his issues though yours sounds too isolated.

Lucky