Old November 14th 04, 01:50 PM
uncle arnie

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 09:29 pm, Honus posted
to rec.radio.shortwave: %MM

"uncle arnie" wrote in message
I was out at 56 degrees north, 103 W at about 7:30 pm local time, which
is
about 3 hours after sunset. Laid out on a beach at -10C (+5 F) with the
waves tinkling the ice along the shore in the dark, with an ocassional
groan as the pack shifted into the beach. In the 40 mins of watching, I
saw 4 satellites tracking east to west and 2 going north to south. It'd

be
interesting to have a database of these, so you could tell what you were
seeing. Maybe there's too much junk up there to sort out by time and

earth
observation point.

That one's easy. There's all kind of satellite tracking software all over
the internet. A quick search under "satellite tracking" should bring in
more hits than you know what to do with. I used to use several different
programs myself, but that was a few years ago and so I couldn't make any
recommendations. (I had to give it up because of the light pollution
around where I live.)

Thanks, I'll have a go.