Old November 14th 04, 01:54 PM
uncle arnie

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 06:53 am, Steve posted to
rec.radio.shortwave: %MM

I was recently on Icom's website and noticed that they describe the
frequency range of the R-75 this way:

Coverage: 0.03 - 60 MHz (0.1-29.99 and 50-54 MHz guaranteed)

I'm not on the market for a receiver, but if I were considering the
purchase of an R-75, their parenthetical disclaimer would make me
nervous.

Judging from what I've read elsewhere, the R-75 really does cover 0.03
- 60 mhz; but then, why does Icom only 'guarantee' more limited
frequency coverage?

Steve

This a guarantee of reception per all of the abilities of the receiver. You
are correct that some models for some markets (I think Europe, New Zealand,
Australia and possibly Japan) have some frequencies missing. The situation
is apparently similar for people in the USA who cannot buy scanners with
some frequencies used for cellular phones, which you can other places.