Old November 14th 04, 01:54 PM
patgkz

Wouldn't make me nervous. We're not talking about a $3,000 radio
here...it's a five-hundred dollar box. The spec for sensitivity is only
guaranteed within the area where the RF input bandpass filtering is peaked,
I'm sure. If you need a radio sensitive and birdie-free from 30KHz to
100KHz, you could prbably spend a few more kilobucks and be much less
nervous.

"Steve" wrote in message
om...
I was recently on Icom's website and noticed that they describe the
frequency range of the R-75 this way:

Coverage: 0.03 - 60 MHz (0.1-29.99 and 50-54 MHz guaranteed)

I'm not on the market for a receiver, but if I were considering the
purchase of an R-75, their parenthetical disclaimer would make me
nervous.

Judging from what I've read elsewhere, the R-75 really does cover 0.03
- 60 mhz; but then, why does Icom only 'guarantee' more limited
frequency coverage?

Steve