Old November 15th 04, 06:13 AM
Stereophile22

Really! Round here, they ask for name and phone number and you talk to the
producer or asst producer before you're on the air. They then introduce
(first and last name) you like you're a guest. Makes you feel quite famous

around here, the radio stations even introduce people (the callers) by only
nicknames (similar to Usenet), but they did that here even back in the 70's and
80's before most people had Usenet, and recently, also.

Some names when te DJ's introduced the callers:

"The Call Girl".

"Howard Belcher"

"The Swami"

There's more, but I can't remember them right now. Time for me to get out my
old audiotapes.