Old November 18th 04, 12:31 PM

Yodar wrote in message ...
Lars Janqqvist wrote:
Frightening the yaks, Robert St-Louis just had to say:

Alternatively, if someone has suggestions for another way to get
(relatively) hum-free DC into it from house current, I'd love to hear
them.

If you don't mind a tiny bit of surgery on your current
converter....

THOSE RECOMMENDATIONS ARE USUSUALLY EFFECTIVE,however in MY case I hadda
buy a few parts and make a 3-terminal regulator
LM317 REQUIRES HEAT SINK

Thank you to both Lars and Tomi!
I'll try Lars' solution and if the results aren't totally satisfactory
with my setup, I might try Tomi's (which may be a little beyond my
electronics capabilities, but who knows...).
I'll do the surgery on my Radio Shack adapter this weekend. Looking
forward to getting into shortwave listening again (it's been 20-25
years since I've done much of it). My other installation will be a
suitable external antenna.
Cheers!!
--Robert