Old November 18th 04, 02:49 PM
John S.

I thought the power suppply was built in. Anyway the supply should be
rated 9v, 400ma.

Here's a pictu http://i6.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/c5/7d/d3_3.JPG

(Robert St-Louis) wrote in message . com...
Hi all,
THis is my first message on this forum.

I recently purchased a National Panasonic RF-5000A shortwave receiver.
It works quite well. However, it didn't come with the AC adapter
normally fitted in those units. This means that I presently run it
off 6 D cell batteries. I tried plugging it through a wall-wart AC-DC
adapter but get a lot of hum.
Would anyone happen to have a spare Panasonic AC adapter for this
model that you would be willing to part with? The model number of the
AC Adapter (which fits inside the back of the radio) is RD-9451 (9vDC,
400mA).

Alternatively, if someone has suggestions for another way to get
(relatively) hum-free DC into it from house current, I'd love to hear
them.

Thanks, and best regards,
--Robert