Old October 21st 04, 07:53 AM
Fractenna

"Fractenna" wrote in message
There were bunch of articles promising miracles, but it did not work
according to the promises, otherwise we would hear about it, see them
around.

Very interesting. Can you point out the citations of these articles

promising
miracles?

Let's do it differently: you point out single Cell phone, Wi-Fi or other
consumer gadget that uses Fractal antenna. Point out any other application
when the fractal antenna made difference.

What specific advantages you can achieve using fractal pattern? Increase
bandwidth to some degree, make it a bit smaller - it can be done in numerous
other ways. What else?

Let's turn to some empirics. Here is a website of the company claiming to be
inventors of Fractal Antenna: Fractal Antenna Systems.
http://www.fractalantenna.com/

They were making them since 1998 I guess, have patents, all that. Look at
the antennas (the antennas look beautiful, btw, like jewelry) - they can
make it for any applications. Yet we do not see those antennas. And it does
not look like the guys swim in money.

What does it tell us?

Andrey

It tells us that you are not seeking info; it tells us that you have an
agenda; it tells us that your interest has nothing to do with this NG:-)

Have a pleasant day there, eh?

73,
Chip N1IR