Old November 21st 04, 03:17 AM
tommyknocker

Beloved Leader wrote:

There's a neat link at RadioIntel today.
http://www.radiointel.com/

"North Korea: Journalism In The Service Of Kim Jong-il"
http://english.ohmynews.com/articlev...97456&rel_no=1

Scroll about 40% of the way down the page to see a picture of a NK
receiver. Typically, it is set to receive only one station.

I cross-posted this, because 1) it's shortwave, and 2), it's a tube
receiver. I can't tell you anything about the vintage of the radio.

While we're on the subject of radio in totalitarian dictatorships, I
seem to remember somebody telling me that the Volksradios
(Volkempfanger?) made in Nazi Germany were primarily set up for a
connection similar to cable TV today, except with only 2 or 3 choices.
IN fact, I once saw one of these little radios with a very simple three
tube circuit and a connector for the cable. But the Volkempfangers had
tuners.