Old October 21st 04, 08:18 PM
Jim

Default (OT) BPL Alternative

There has been some discussion here on the pros and cons of BPL.

I thought I would through in my 2 cents worth...

Why doesn't the FCC 'suggest' that cell phone and PCS companies install some
type of WiFi node at every cell site in the country?

A few questions on this: What percentage of homes have a computer? What
percentage of those use the internet regularly? Of those, what percentage
would use DSL or cable modem (if available)? If WiFi was available
everywhere, how much would it have to cost in order to even break even?

Jim
N8EE