Old November 25th 04, 07:16 AM
ken chattenton

HI once again from Ken,
"big boy now" wrote in message
Hi ken can you tell me how to test the pre amp....

Once you switch your radio to a frequency higher than 1 Ghz you should be
able to hear the relay switch in for the pre-amp.
One other ( and best way really ) way is if you have a signal generator that
goes above one Gig
is to use that and check the fundamental frequency of the generator above
one Gig.
You should get a good reading if all is OK and the preamp is working as it
should.

The only reason I asked this question in the first place is because of the
time period you say the radio had not been used for. The change-over relays
some times stick and need cleaning.

Good luck with the sale, cheers, Ken, G4KIR.