Old October 22nd 04, 02:33 PM
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

Hi Jack

That was probably the cause!

I figured the sink itself was at one ground potential and the faucet
at another which caused the arcing.

Of course, the way mom described it, one would think the whole sink
was ablaze.
Even back then I thought of possibly a single drop of hot metal
(probably from the aerator) and how that is what probably bounced
around in the sink sparking all over the place. Like dropped hot
metal when your welding goes all over the place.

Speaking of differing ground potentials. I think the wierdest thing I
ever saw was when my step-son was taking me through the automated
welding section of a body assembly plant for cars.

A line of steel platforms bolted to a steel floor framework, between
two of the platforms (about 2 to 3 inches apart) there was an
occasional arc that occurred when the machines on each both stopped at
the same time.

Don't know if you remember the old vacuum powered windshield wipers
that operated independent of each other. Every once in awhile they
would be in sync for a few wipes.
When these welders came into sync they hummed really loud and when the
sync broke is when the arc would jump between their two stands.

I thought it was interesting!

TTUL
Gary