Old October 22nd 04, 05:39 PM
Jimmie

You say it covers from 28Mhz to 500Mhz. The one I am familiar with that
does this is a modified discone that acts as a 1/4 wl antenna with ground
plane at 28(probably 27Mhz) If this is the antena I am thinking about it has
a long whip coming out of the cneter of the disk and 3 or 4 extra long
radials in the skirt. These antennas worked on 144, 220, 432 bands with
reasonable SWR.

"Amigaman" wrote in message
m...
Greetings all!..I've got one of them discone antennas, you know, like
28-500mhz, blah..blah...on the roof...do I have to use an antenna
tuner if I would, let's say, try to operate on 2/6 or 440?... I don't
want to damage my UHF xcvr if there is a high SWR...any info from
you experts or who done did that is greatly appreciated...You all,
have a nice weekend & 73's....tony...wa9yoz...Amiga computer user
going over 12 years now.. Ciao!