Old August 22nd 03, 08:35 PM
Dr. Slick

"Peter O. Brackett" wrote in message nk.net...
Roy:

[snip]
"Roy Lewallen" wrote in message
One more thing. I've never seen that conjugate formula for voltage
reflection coefficient and can't imagine how it might have been derived.
I've got a pretty good collection of texts, and none of them show such a
thing.

[snip]

You are absolutely correct Roy, that formula given by "Slick" is just plain
WRONG!

rho = (Z - R)/(Z + R)

Always has been, always will be.

As long as they are all purely real. Roy disagrees even when he
is wrong, because too many people read this NG, and it might make him
look bad (i.e., Not the All-Knowing Guru he pretends to be).

Where does that "Slick" guy get his information? And where does "Slick" get
off with all of his "potifications"??? I dunno... *He* thinks "Besser",
"Pozar" and
ARRL are authoritative sources for transmission line technology!!!

Bwa! HAah! Much, much, MUCH more than you will ever be!

Me?

I have made a living as a professional Engineer designing transmission
equipment over
the past four decades, currently more than $4BB gross shipped to world wide
markets,
where the Zo I used is neither real, nor a constant!

I feel sorry for your customers...

And what is more... I have never consulted any of those three authorities
referenced by
"Slick". I certainly don't think of them as being authoritative, "cream
skimmers"
perhaps, but not certainly not authoritative.

Dr. Besser kicks your ass backwards when it comes to RF knowledge.

And the ARRL is extremely well known. Pozar not so much, but the
guy is out there on the PhD level. I don't give a Sh** who you think
is an authority.

Look them up, they have way more credentials than either you or I.

I believe that "Slick" has gotta stop "pontificating" and start reading in
better circles...
much better!

Much better than the likes of you, then yes, you would certainly
be correct!

The conjugate formula is correct. If you believe in cancellation
of reactance. Why else would the magnitude rho (numerator of
Reflection Coefficient) be zero when Zload=Zo*???

Slick