Old October 22nd 04, 08:59 PM
Tom Donaly

Cecil Moore wrote:
Tom Donaly wrote:

Who said anything about a circuit model?

I'm going to present an example, step by step. Please contribute
something technical in response.

It's a simple lossless quarter-wave matching section example.

------50 ohm feedline---+---1/4WL 600 ohm feedline---7200 ohm load
Pfor1=100w-- Pfor2=352w-- 100w
--Pref1=0w --Pref2=252w
Vfor1=70.7v-- Vfor2=460v-- Vload=849v
--Vref1=0v --Vref2=389v
Ifor1=1.414A-- Ifor2=0.766A-- Iload=0.118A
--Iref1=0A --Iref2=0.648A

Vref2 is 180 degrees out of phase with Vfor2 and thus they subtract.

Iref2 is in phase with Ifor2 and thus they add.

The impedance at '+' is (Vfor2-Vref2)/(Ifor2+Ifor1)

The impedance at '+' is (460v-389v)/(0.766A+0.648A) = 70.7V/1.414A = 50
ohms

Note that the impedance seen at the match point is:

Vfor1/Ifor1 = (Vfor2-Vref2)/(Ifor2+Iref2)

So Tom, do you find anything wrong with this network analysis? If so,
please be technically specific. (Sorry, your feelings don't matter.)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Newsgroups

Cecil, if I had a dollar for every time you challenged someone to solve
a quarter wavelength transmission line transformer problem I could eat a
meal in the best restaurant in San Francisco and still have change left
over to pay a 20% tip. The question is not whether or not the theory
you made up in your head is right or not, but whether the length, shape,
volume, whatever of a loading coil on a short antenna makes any
substantial difference in the efficiency of the antenna. The problem of
increasing the total current on a short antenna was solved so many years
ago the fellows who solved it are old enough to be Richard Harrison's
grandparents. If Yuri would spend more time researching his subject and
less time with his fish thermometers and his diatribes against Tom Rauch
he would learn that.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH