Old November 28th 04, 11:44 PM
Brenda Ann

"Dan" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 23:16:54 +0100, Ruud Poeze
wrote:

You might be right on the music-radio thing.

Pretty sure I am. The most common music consumer - 15 to 25 year
olds or thereabouts - is not listening to much radio these days. I
have a 17 year old daughter, so I have valid data here! :-)

MP3 players could open the eyes of the broadcasters and force them to
introduce longer playlists before they loose all the audience.

We can only hope.

Most kids with mp3 players also have only about 64 to 128MB of storage.. on
which they keep their 20 or so favorite tunes (if they want them to sound as
good as FM). If they shrink them to fit more on, then the sound starts
getting pretty nasty. So, either they're limited even worse than the radio
stations (other than choice of when they can hear them), or they sound even
worse (I hate the sound of modern radio.. they should all shut the damn
processors off and let people hear the music as it was intended... not all
at the same volume..)