Old November 30th 04, 02:35 PM
Dale Parfitt

"wigg" wrote in message
What the difference between the HF 125 and HF 225 receivers from Lowe.
Are they significantly better than the Radio Shack 394 or SONY 2001D?
Thanks
Garry

The 225 featured speed sensitive tuning, a 200 Hz vs 400 Hz CW audio

filter, finer VFO increments, more audio output power, and I believe 2 VFO's
( i.e. A/B).

Although I have never owned the 2001D, there is NO comparison between the
R.S. and the lowe receivers- beginning with mechanical build quality to VFO
cleanliness, filter selection, AM sync, ease of use, the list goes on and
on.

Dale W4OP