Old November 30th 04, 08:38 PM
John S.

Consider who is selling the radio. I've looked at several of their
radio offerings in the past, and they seem to all have a lot of glitzy
good looks but mediocre performance. My image of a radio from Sharper
Image is that off a wannnabe. Either a plastic cased cathedral radio
lookalike with boomy audio, or a boxy military looking radio with
inexact analog bandspread and shrill audio.

If you are looking for a good shortwave radio, then I would depend on
Passport to WBR as well as sites like Radiointel, Eham and others that
post reviews and this news group for opinions. There are some real
gems coming out of China right now...of which the Degen radios are
good examples. There is also a lot of junk. Do some reading and
don't just depend on one review.

Mr Radio Man wrote in message . ..
What does everyone think? Who makes it?

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/ca...html?sku=CT800

Has AM, FM, SW, Weather and TV. Looks nice.