Old December 2nd 04, 06:45 AM
Doug Smith W9WI

-=jd=- wrote:
Anyone know of an AM broadcaster on 860khz at about 0300 UTC
with a long-winded, French speaking program host that is a
believable distance from, or in, the Atlanta area?

Most probably Radio-Canada from Toronto. (are you far enough from WAEC,
your local religious station on that frequency in Atlanta? I'm pretty
confident WAEC doesn't air any French though.)

http://www.radio-canada.ca, not that it'll do you much good if you don't
understand French. (I'm quite sure there's a link for listening over
the Internet on that page but I can't find it...)

President Bush is in Canada so I would expect to hear him mentioned
early in the top-of-hour newscasts if it's indeed a Canadian station. I
don't think the visit would be particularly newsworthy in any other
French-speaking country.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66