Old December 3rd 04, 05:28 AM
digitania

Default One antenna, multiple receivers?

Okay, this may be a newbie-type question - or even an exercise in
academics - but since I'm about to find myself with more than one receiver
for the first time in a long time, I'd like to ask the group the following:

Assume I am limited to a single simple antenna (for the sake of this initial
discussion, let's not assume that I can have a particular type of antenna;
just that I can have only one) and have more than one receiver.

Questions arising:

1) Is it *possible* to connect multiple receivers to a single antenna?

2) Does is require the use of some sort of isolation circuitry for each
receiver's feed? If so, what kind?

3) Can I then attach multiple antenna tuners to that single antenna and
optimize each receiver's feed?

4) Would I be better off to try to disguise several seperate antennas as
a single antenna - e.g. several long wires bundled together as one - or
would that cause other problems on the receivers' front ends?

Thanks!