Old December 3rd 04, 03:58 PM
uncle arnie

I didn't look at your link, but followed the visit closely on radio and a
little on TV.

Bush used this trip to start to mend fences with Canadians. He kept talking
about the USA's friends, the need for multi-lateral talks and agreements,
etc. This sort of thing goes a long way with many people. He also talked
about eating Alberat beef, thanked the people of Halifax for billetting
stranded Sept 11 air passengers, and said he liked the waves with all 5
fingers. He even quoted WW2 era prime minister McKenzie-King. PM Paul
Martin and Bush appeared to have some frank and open talks about some
things, e.g., joint defence and trade. He seemed more human than I've ever
seen before.

I want to see Bush now go to Europe and have similar types of talks. This
is only about talking to each other, lines of communication that have been
strained, and then working together when we agree. I see these efforts as
most welcome and frankly quite hopeful.

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 08:36 am, David posted to
rec.radio.shortwave: %MM

http://ottawa.indymedia.ca/en/2004/11/174.shtml